Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hi my name is Amie and I am a thrift store junkie....



I love thrift stores. I have not always held this opinion. When I was in high school I went to a couple looking for a Halloween costume. Yuck. They have come along way, baby. Around here thrift stores have become big business, we have at least 9 in a 15 mile radius.

Usually, I dress my daughter in dresses and skirts, just our preference, we like girly. However, yesterday was chilly, so I put L in some black velour pants to go to the park. They looked like high waters on her so off to the thrift store I went. I had been allowed 30 min by the husband while the kids slept, so I was on a mission to find black or purple play pants. I went thru the rack with no luck, stopped, prayed and went back thru and found a pair of the same velour black pants in her size, great condition. I did my little PRAISE JESUS dance! Then I looked around and found a pair of ugly pink house slippers a brand new American Living Plaid top and a Libby Lu jean jacket that was bedazzled in pink all for $6.30!!!

I love to shop with Jesus. Jesus truly cares about all the details of our lives. That’s how big my God is. I know some people may think it is silly and frivolous to call on the creator of heaven and earth to help you find a pair of yoga pants for your 5 yr old after all there are people dying of starvation in the world.

That’s how big He is, that’s how involved He wants to be. God listens to all the prayers. He has plans. He knows the plans He has for you. The plans He has for me. The plans He has for the starving, oppressed, war stricken, sin riddled lost. He can be there for all of us.

1 comment:

Debra said...

I found you through Wendi's blog - thought I'd stop by and say hi.

I agree that thrift stores have come a long way! You found some great things.